View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Undead vs. the World mega-battle 
Site Admin

Post Undead vs. the World mega-battle
Nagash marches. Armies of the undead amass and look to take the whole world en mass. Armies fall before the great host, only adding to the strength and power of the most powerful necromancer in all of the world.

When: September 27th
Where: TBD, probably Pegasus Games
Time: 10 am till probably around 5
Points per player: 2500

Other Rules:
1. Models. Players will be required to bring and supply their own models. One player on the undead team will be required to have a Nagash model. Models do not need to be painted, but a best effort to have at least 50% of the models in the unit WYSIWYG is requested.
2. Army Composition. Armies will be created using the Warhammer Armies: Army Book rules. Special characters, units, and models allowed in the Nagash supplement will be allowed as well as the rules for Undead Legion. Lords will still be restricted to 25% of the total army list creation however.
3. Nagash. The forces of the undead will nominate one of their players to control Nagash for the game. Nagash is a bonus and does not count towards their total points allotment or character restrictions. Essentially, they just get the model for free.
4. Opposing side. To make up for the fact that the undead basically have 1k more points, the forces of order start the game controlling all of the objectives. Each player places 2 objective markers in their deployment zone representing ancient artifacts of power that Nagash must retrieve. At the end of the game, the team that control's more of these objectives then the other will be the winner. Objectives may not be placed within 3 inches of impassible terrain or buildings and must be visible to the undead army. For the purposes of this game, objectives will be glass beads.
5. Controlling objectives. To control an objective, a player must have a unit within 3 inches of the objective with at least a point of fortitude and no enemy models within 3 inches. Any unit or character may count for the purposes of controlling.
6. Sportsmanship. Players are expected to conform to the rules of conduct at Pegasus Games. Additionally, players will be expected to conduct themselves in a manner that promotes the group, game and hobby. It's quite ok to get frustrated when you miscast and dimensional cascade your hierophant on turn one, but threats, excessive cursing, slow play, etc may get you removed from the game. I don't expect that there is anyone here that would act in such a manner, but the second I don't say anything.....Remember, this is a game and we are here to have fun and be able to walk away at the end of the day with some awesome stories.
7. Deployment. Each player will be given a 4x4 deployment zone and the table will be divided into equal sections for deployment. For the purposes of spells that effect the entire table or are placed anywhere on the table, only effect the 4x4 section that the caster is directly in. If there is an opposing roll, the player on the opposite side of the table of you at the beginning of the game is dedicated to those rolls. Scouts will be deployed one unit at a time with each team having a dedicated dice roller to see who deploys scouts first (team undead could have horse archers!). Once all scouts are deployed, we will roll again and do vanguards in the same manner.
9. Who goes first? Each player on each team will roll a d6. The team will add their d6 values into one total and compare with the other team. Which ever team has the greatest value wins. If both teams roll a tie, then Nagash surges forward with his mighty power and team undead goes first.
8. Magic. Each player will generate magic and dispel dice. Spells/effect that would normally impact the whole table are limited to the 4x4 zone the caster is in. Other spells will effect other units as normal (say a 12 inch bubble or a 24 inch magic missile). The opponent, for the purposes of dispelling, is the player that started the game immediately a crossed from you.
10. Odd Players. In the case of odd players on a side, a dummy army will be provided and one of the players will be given control. Note, that if this is the case for team undead that it is possible that this "dummy" army may not actually be an undead army.

I can't think of anything else, but if something comes up we will talk it out and come to a mutually agreeable way to work it out.

Please post to this thread or let me know if you are planning on attending and which side you want to play on (I think I got everyone from the main thread that confirmed in):

Team Undead:
1. Ben C.
2. Brian K.
3. Dustin V.

Team Living:
1. Nick D.
2. Dwarf Kenny
3. Evan R.

Floaters (could play either team)

An all new site for an old dwarf's home in cyberspace.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:03 am

Post Re: Undead vs. the World mega-battle
I'll be bringing my ogres.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:19 am

I could potentially play either side as well. Should we sign up for special characters if we're taking them so we don't end up with duplicates?

I hope I can make it but should be able to plan school work to do so unless there is going to be a big test that Monday or something like that.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:34 am

Those look like fantastic rules Conesy. Looking forward to hearing about the game. Any chance of some recording or a play by play?

Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:16 am
Site Admin

We'll take some pictures for sure. It's hard to get a full report on what is going on all sides in something with 4-5 players per side.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:14 am

Fortitude based scenario will be really tough for Undead (only units in my 2500 list with any fortitude are blocks of Zombros and the Master Necromancer). Can the units raised with the Lore of Undeath appear with upgrades such as banners? That combined with Nagash could do a lot to mitigate that problem (of course that's assuming that someone has the models for such units).

Another question: how are we doing Nagash in terms of magic and deployment and whatnot? Will he be sharing someone's 4x4 section and competing with their army for power dice/being dispelled by their opponent?

Also, SoM monsters allowed? If I'm on the Undead team (as it is looking right now) I may have to borrow a few models if I can't bring the Corpse Giant of Doom.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:02 pm
Site Admin

1. Yes, lore of Undeath raises points of units so you can raise things like banners and full upgrades.

2. Nagash - he will be controlled by a player on the team and will affect and use that players magic phase just like he was one of that player's casters. Hint, team undead my want to take an army that doesn't have a lot of wizards to fit this guy in!

3. SoM/Monstrous Arcanum probably should be here. What do other folks think? 1 per player as a rare choice if they want?

Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:37 pm

Yes yes yes on monsters from arcanum and storm of magic. Go big or go home!

Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:50 am

Yeah monsters a probably cool.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:21 am
Site Admin

Just a friendly bump on the thread to remind folks that this is this weekend. Eric, Stonemonk here on the forums, has done a great job of painting up and building Nagash this past month and we'll get to use him. A big thanks to Eric for that effort, especially since he isn't even getting to play in the game!

I want to note that we need to try to keep things moving. We have a hard stop at 4:30 when we need to start tearing down. Pegasus has a concert that night in the game space and they need time to set up the space for it. To help with this I will be in their Friday night working to set up the tables and terrain.

Finally, a note on SoM and Monstrous Arcanum choices are legal. You can take one, as if it was a scroll of binding for a single rare slot. You may not have more then one bound monster in your list. This game is for fun so there seems to be no reason we don't allow this.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next